Exercise Physiology For Veteran Community
Integrated Fitness offers Exercise Physiology services to Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) eligible persons for continuous improvement of all areas of health care. Exercise physiology is a critical clinical care intervention to manage chronic disease and help individuals recover from major illness or injury.
Please note: Treatment, regardless of eligibility, must be based on assessed clinical need.
Which Patients Are Eligible?Patients who have been elected to be treated under DVA arrangements and hold a current Gold Card; or a White Card; or written authorisation on behalf of a Commission.
ReferralsAn entitled person is required to have referral in order to obtain exercise physiology services. The referral can come from:
- a Local Medical Officers (LMO);
- a General Practitioner (GP);
- a medical specialist;
- another exercise physiologist who has a current referral and is transferring the entitled person;
- a hospital discharge planner; or
- a treating doctor in a hospital.
- the name of the entitled person to whom the services will be provided;
- the DVA file number of the entitled person;
- the referrers health care provider number (or hospitals provider number if discharge referral);
- the date of referral; and
- the condition to be treated.